Search the Visit Fort William & Lochaber Directory
Bbc Fort William Forecast
Fort William's Lower Falls in Glen Nevis is an interesting place to visit during your Scottish itinerary
Everyone talks about the weather in relation to climbing mountains or any outdoor activity for that matter. If you are planning a short visit to fort william to walk up Ben Nevis, you'll need to know about the weather, eh? Well, you might be interested to know that Ben Nevis almost has its own climate due to its height and land mass. What goes on at 4,400 feet above sea level is quite different from the weather at sea level.
Before you climb the mountain make sure you have a weather forecast and can deal with the consequences of wind, wet and chill factor. The links below to the BBC and MetOffice weather forecasts is worth looking at, but bear in mind what is forecast on a Thursday evening will have changed by Saturday morning - with the occasional exception like stable, dominant high pressure.
Another good link is to the Met Office website synoptic chart which plots the expected weather systems coming in from the Atlantic.
- Kirkhope Mountaineering - Ben Nevis guideKirkhope Mountaineering specialises in guiding and instruction in the Fort William and Glencoe area. We offer Guided ascents of Ben Nevis via the Tourist path or routes such as Ledge route and Tower ridge on it's North face. Glencoe is only 30 mins away and has some of the most accessible scrambling and rock climbing in Scotland. Popular classics include Curved ridge, the Aonach Eagach and Agag's Groove.Ben Nevis guided walks are very...
- Adventure Nevis - Ben Nevis Mountain GuideIf you are looking for a Ben Nevis Mountain Guide, Adventure Nevis is a Scottish-based guiding service offering classic mountain days on Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain, standing at 1,344 metres. The Ben Nevis mountain footpath ascent - 6 to 8 hours - is ideal for public, private and charity groups. For the slightly more experienced walker, Ben Nevis via the CMD arete - 8 to 10 hours - is a...
- Hunter Mountaineering - Mountain Guiding & InstructionYour Ben Nevis and Glencoe Guide - Friendly and Professional. Here at Hunter Mountaineering we have a passion and reputation for excellence in Private Guiding, Instruction, Coaching and Courses. We operate in both Summer and Winter, with activities ranging from Walking up Ben Nevis (summer or winter), to classic rock or ice climbs, mountain navigation and safety. We are based in Fort William but operate all over the Highlands of Scotland. Decide what you want to do, then email Max [email protected] Ben NevisProfessional Guiding on Ben Nevis, on...
- Lochaber Guides - hill and mountain guidingAt Lochaber Guides we pride ourselves in offering our clients a unique and unforgettable experience in the Scottish Mountains. From meeting you at the start of your trip to taking the final few steps, our highly experienced, professional and qualified guides will be there to look after you and give you a trip to remember! Being a small company, we like to offer our clients a personalised touch. That may mean...
may be interested in
- Climb When Youre Ready16 Farrow Drive, Corpach, PH33 7JW
Come and explore the steeper side of Lochaber! I provide experienced and friendly guiding and instruction on Ben Nevis and in Glencoe.I specialise in taking and teaching novices climbing and mountaineering. All my days out are bespoke and just for you and your party. Whether you are looking for a...
- Snowgoose Mountain Centre - Mountaineering & GuidingStation Road, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7JH
From the aspiring novice to the more advanced mountaineer Snowgoose Mountain Centre offers the perfect introduction, course, mountain guiding or holiday of a lifetime. This is whether you want an introduction to rock climbing & abseiling, learn to lead on rock, develop your...
a great walk along the river
a Fort William big freeze
happily drains away into the sea
in Glen Nevis, Fort William
you don't see this every winter...
near the Glen Nevis Lower Falls
how many million litres per hours ?
enjoying a picnic by the River Nevis