Atlas Mountaineering | Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
Climb Ben Nevis now for only £69.00
PRIVATE VIA FERRATA GUIDING. BRAND NEW TO SCOTLAND AND BY FAR THE UK’S BEST VIA FERRATA.
TRIPS STARTING JUNE 2014!
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Ben Nevis trips, Winter skills training, Ice climbing and Winter walking! No experience needed!
Whilst making a mountain out of a molehill is acceptable behaviour if you’re a bit of a drama queen, we can’t help but think it was a waste of time to bring our walking boots.Go bigger with the UK’s biggest mountain, Ben Nevis, and enjoy a guided tour with Atlas Mountaineering for only £69.00
- Guided tours of Ben Nevis and the surrounding area
- Private and public tours available
- Rated 5 stars on Trip Advisor
- Rated 4 stars by Visit Scotland
- UK’s highest mountain
- Suitable for ages 8+
Even before you arrive, Atlas Mountaineering’s guides will be providing handy information by letting you know exactly what clothing and kit you should be bringing on the day. Once you arrive, you and your group will get ready to tackle the mountain. The guides know every twist and turn of Ben Nevis and have scooped a 5 star Trip Advisor rating as well as being rated 4 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board.
The UK’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis, stands at 1,344 metres above sea level at the western end of the Grampian mountains. As you climb, you’ll take in the stunning scenery of the peaks and greenery around you, along with bursts of Scottish heather. Suitable for kids from age 8, today’s deal is the perfect family adventure.
Loved by Trip Advisor
"Thank goodness we had a guide and Atlas Mountaineering to tell us to hire all the right equipment, otherwise we would have had to turn back and not reach the summit like so many other people had to do.”
"Atlas and Connor provided an excellent organised trip with a top guide for the day in Rich …he was patient / informative / educational / humorous and allowed us all to enjoy a very challenging but rewarding day."
"We had a brilliant time with Connor and Hannah, learning about how to be safe in the hills in winter. We learnt about winter navigation, route planning, basic Avalanche awareness, crampons and ice axes, along with getting some great hiking in! We will definitely be back and can't recommend Connor and Hannah enough as guides!"
Walking the Wild Side
A very special way to see what Lochaber has to offer.
One of our most popular experiences is our day and a half walk from Glen Nevis. We will set off at around 3pm and walk through the Steall Meadows and catch a glimpse of the famous Steall falls, from here we will walk up into the watershed of Ben Nevis and camp for the evening. As you watch the sun set around the surrounding mountains and wilderness you will begin to experience one of the UK’s true dark zones, this means that there is no light pollution! The stars are truly amazing here and it is not uncommon to see the odd shooting star, meteor shower or the aurora borealis. You don’t need to worry about dinner as it’s included in the price and we will fill you full of hot chocolate as you get ready to settle in for the most peaceful night’s sleep you will ever have. In the morning we will wake up, eat some breakfast and break camp. From there we will walk up on to the summit of Carn Mor Dearg our first Munro of the day and on to the Carn Mor Dearg arête. This arête is described by Walk Highlands as “the finest way to see Ben Nevis” and they are not wrong, the spectacular arête gives fine airy views of the 600m north face and it is not unusual to not see a soul until we reach the summit of Ben Nevis. It truly is the wild side! Once we have climbed Ben Nevis we will walk down to the Ben Nevis Inn and relax for the rest of the afternoon while you can look back on what we have managed over the past two days.
Rock Climbing this Summer
Haven't tried it before, but always fancied it?
We run private rock climbing guiding for all abilities, only in small groups, perfect if you haven't tried before.
If you are looking at something more mountainous, how about the infamous Tower Ridge or some more classic rock climbing in Glen Coe?
For more information or to make a booking, please send a message via the enquiry form.
Make an Enquiry Now
- Winter Activities
- Biking Holidays
- Ben Nevis Mountain Guide
- Walking holidays
- Mountain Guides
- Mountaineering Instruction
- Guided Mountain Ridge walks
- Guided Scrambling
- Guided Hill Walking
- Guided mountain walks
- Outdoor activity provider
- mountain bike skills coach
- mountain bike guide
- Rock Climbing
- ben nevis guide
- Bluebell Croft - Honeysuckle House and Rose CottageHoneysuckle House (sleeps 8+) and Rose Cottage (sleeps 2-4) are 5 star and were described in the Sunday Times as one "of the Best Cosy Cottages in the UK" and as a 'Heavenly cottage.. and the best sited hot tub in Europe'. The house and cottage have been designed with every thoughtful comfort, even extra towels for the hot tub. Dogs are welcome with care. We can leave a casserole in...
- Glen Nevis Caravan & Camping ParkOur award-winning caravan and camping park is set in the midst of spectacular Highland scenery at the foot of Ben Nevis. Explore Glen Nevis on the many footpaths that wind through forests and alongside the River Nevis or relax on our park and enjoy the views and fresh mountain air. We manage a peaceful park with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and pride ourselves in the quality of our infrastructure, facilities...
- Bed & Breakfast, Fort William - a view with a viewPLEASE NOTE: This B&B is only available between OCTOBER and MARCH. We do not offer one night stays, but instead offer a discount to stay a min of two nights or longer. Our current rates, when accommodation is available, are on our website. This property operates as a self catering cottage during the Spring and Summer months.Fort William short breaks and weekend breaks are available all year round at Woodside. A MARVELLOUS view...
- Bistro at the AlexThe Bistro at the Alex is a great family restaurant located within the Alexandra Hotel in Fort William's town centre. We have a good menu with something to suit everyone. The restaurant is bright and airy with a friendly table service. We have a large restaurant and can cater for large groups of walkers with a little advance notice.We serve food until 22:00 hours every day and also provide an early breakfast...
- Airds Hotel & Restaurant - Luxury Boutique HotelThe Airds Hotel & Restaurant is a romantic luxury boutique hotel located in the stunning hamlet of Port Appin, near Oban, Argyll, situated on the shore of Loch Linnhe with the Morvern mountains behind, on the West Coast of Scotland in the Scottish Highlands. This luxury hotel has one of the best reputations in Scotland for it's food and dining here is a real pleasure. The bedrooms are all individually decorated and all have...
You may be interested in
- Lochaber Ideas WeekLochaber Chamber of Commerce, Station Square, Fort William , PH33 6EA
Lochaber Ideas Week 2014 is co-ordinated by Lochaber Chamber of Commerce and presented in association with the key event sponsor Twindeer Law and session sponsor West Highland College UHI. The week-long event celebrates business, education and community through exceptional talks, workshops, competition, discussion and networking. Ultimately Lochaber Ideas Week is a...
- Glencoe and North Lorn Folk MuseumHigh Street, Glencoe, PA39 4HS
Within traditional, heather-thatched cottages, you will be amazed and entertained by the variety of objects that portray the history of this remarkable area. Topics to discover include the massacre of Glencoe, agriculture, costume, medicine and toys. Friendly helpers are always nearby to answer any questions you may have....
- Fleming and Fleming92-94 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AD
Fleming and Fleming opticians in Fort William High Street provides professional eye care from our family Fort William business. We are open Monday to Saturday. We offer a contact lens re-order service for existing customers and serve the west Highlands. If you are visiting Fort William or the west Highland area,...
- Burnlea Cottage in Fort WilliamBurnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RN
With fantastic panoramic views over Loch Linnhe to the hills beyond, this stylish Fort William cottage is less than 1 mile from the shops, restaurants and pubs of Fort William town centre. Our cottage accommodation comprises 1 twin/super-king bedroom, kitchen/sitting room, shower room.Free WiFi /parking and guests have use of the...
- Western Isles Campers - Camper HireStation Square, PH336TQ
Welcome to Western Isles Campers! We hire a variety of campervans all year round - based in Fort William, giving you access to everything the highlands & islands has to offer! All of our campers come with everything you'll need for your adventure, & yes, all of our campers are heated,...
- National Trust for Scotland GlenfinnanGlenfinnan, PH37 4LT
In August 19th 1745, at the head of Loch Shiel, Prince Charles Edward Stewart raised his Standard, marking the start of his campaign to restore the exiles Stuarts to the throne. From this sport, Bonnie PRince Charlie and his followers made it as far south as Derby before their eventual defeat...
- Strontian Hotel - countryside bed and breakfastStrontian, by For William, PH36 4HZ
Visit our website for details Located in the quiet village of Strontian on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, The Strontian Hotel offers comfortable bed and breakfast for those looking for a quiet stay in this wonderful, totally unspoiled environment. Our family run hotel sits by the shore of Loch Sunart - a tidal...
- Glenuig HallGlenuig, PH38 4NB
Glenuig Hall is a fantastic community hall in the village of Glenuig, by the shore of Loch AilortThroughout the year there are a selection of events and gigs, as well as lots of community use by local groups.The hall is available to book for a meeting or a live performance, so...
- The Grog and Gruel - Traditional Alehouse and Restaurant66 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AE
Conveniently located half way along Fort William's pedestrianised High Street, The Grog & Gruel is a Traditional Alehouse and Restaurant in Fort William with a warm and friendly atmosphere and a character all of its own. Set half way along the High Street in Fort William, in the Highlands of Scotland...
- West Coast Driver TrainingWoodlands, Onich, Fort William, PH33 6SD
Are you looking for driving lessons in the Fort William, Glencoe, Lochaber area? Pass your driving test with West Coast Driver Training. Your instructor David Wrigglesworth is Driving Standards Agency approved. I offer friendly, patient and professional driving tuition in the Lochaber area. First lesson will be two hours for training...
- Glenlochy Nevis Bridge Apartments Fort WilliamLochy Bridge, Fort William, PH33 6LP
Situated in its own extensive grounds on the banks of the River Nevis. Glenlochy - Nevis Bridge Apartments (formerly Glenlochy Guest House) are ideally situated at the end of the old West Highland Way and Glen Nevis yet still only a 10 minute walk from the bustling town centre and the...
- Wedding Chair Cover Hire8 Polmona, Fort William, PH33 6QH
Quality affordable Chair Cover Hire for your Wedding, Event or Conference in and around the Lochaber area. Prices start from as little as £2.75 and you will always receive a first class personal service. I have worked with many hotels in the Fort William area and I am happy to travel...
- The Highland Soap Co.®The Highland Soap Company, 48 High Street, Fort William, PH33 6AH
One of Fort William's very specialist shops offering Scottish handmade soaps and natural skin care.Our cold-processed soaps are handmade in the Scottish Highlands by century’s old traditional processes using only the purest and finest natural ingredients. With many of the precious oils, butters and plant ingredients used being grown organically or...
- Sleeps 2The HayloftThe Hayloft Self Catering, 96 Lochyside, Fort William, PH33 7NX
The Hayloft at Lochyside is positioned to one side of our lovely, quiet garden with views towards Ben Nevis and has everything you need to enjoy your visit to the Fort William area. The property is tastefully designed in the upper floor of a self-contained building with an open plan kitchen-diner...
- Bunree Holiday Cottages & Family ApartmentsBunree Holiday Cottages/Caravans, Janika, Onich, PH33 6SE
Bunree Scottish holiday accommodation is located 8 miles south of Fort William, near the village of Onich, on a croft running down to the shores of Loch Linnhe at Corran Narrows. You can walk to a good, family friendly, local pub and restaurant. We are half way between world famous Ben...
- Arthur Watt Building Engineer Ltd1 Farrow Drive, Fort William, PH33 7JW
Consulting Building Engineer & Environmental Consultant...
- WONDERLAND - Multi Award Winning Wedding BandRivendell, Fort William, PH39 4NJ
LIVE DUO BAND + CEILIDH + DJ - Fort William wedding band Providers of quality entertainment live music for any type of private or corporate function. "Wonderland" are the only band to win both a VOWS Award and and Scottish Wedding Award - given for exceptional customer service. Please check online...
- Invercoe Camping and Touring ParkInvercoe, Glencoe, PH49 4HP
Touring in Scotland with your motorhome, caravan or tent can be lots of fun and you'll find Invercoe in Glencoe has something for you - lots of touring pitches, good touring park facilities and services, big mountains and an equally big welcome ! Our long established caravan and camping park offers a high...
- Ben Nevis Log CabinsHarland, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6ST
Beautiful self catering log cabin sleeps a maximum of 4, includes a double and twin room. Situated at the foot of Ben nevis and at the end of the west highland way in one of Scotland's most beautiful glens it is ideally situated for walking, cycling, climbing or just relaxing. Feels...
- FairyTale Productions - Wedding DVD and PhotographyIvy Cottage, Torcastle, Banavie, PH33 7PB
Wedding DVD and Photography covering Fort William, Highland & Islands and the Central Belt (Glasgow/Edinburgh). We specialize in bespoke wedding photography and video packages, please email us your requirements and we will quote accordingly. Combined DVD and Photography packages start from £1295.00. Please visit our web site: www.fairytaleproductions.co.uk and our facebook...
- Spean Bridge HotelMain Road, Spean Bridge, PH34 4ES
The Spean Bridge Hotel is a traditional Highland Hotel with a warm welcome for travellers in the Great Glen. We have ensuite rooms in the main hotel and chalet-style accomodation in the grounds, but right in the middle of Spean Bridge village. Our restaurant offers bar meals and a la carte...
- Corpach Boat Building CompanyAnnat Slip, Corpach, Fort William, PH33 7NB
Corpach Boat Building Company was established in 1992. We are a small dedicated team of skilled craftsmen based in Fort William and serving the commercial and pleasure boat user alike - specialising in the construction, repair and modification of workboats. We undertake general engineering and fish-farm related works and offer a...
- Lochleven Seafood Cafe and ShopLoch Leven, by North Ballachulish, PH33 6SA
Sitting on the terrace on a warm summers day, looking at the Pap of Glencoe and Loch Leven, with a plate of langoustines or mussels and a glass of Albarino is an experience many have already enthused over. The restaurant has been designed to achieve an informal, relaxed atmosphere with simple...
- Mill Cottage Self CateringMill Cottage, Bunree, Fort William, PH33 6SE
Mill Cottage is situated on the shores of Loch Linnhe adjacent to a large waterfall.Offering excellent self catering accommodation for up to 12 guests in 3 large double bedrooms and 2 twin rooms. Perfect for couples seeking privacy, or indeed large groups or families needing space. The river and waterfall give...
- Lochaber Showstoppersn'a, n/a
Lochaber Showstoppers, formed in 1993, is a not for profit community musical theatre group based in Fort William. It was established with the aim of encouraging community access to and involvement in musical theatre within Lochaber, particularly amongst young people. Although run by volunteers, ultimately we work very hard to achieve...